STAR or behavioural based interviewing techniques provide Managers with the resources and skills to select the most qualified candidates.
Participants will review their current process and consider their impact and role in each step.
They will develop the skills associated with a behavioural -based interviewing approach to ensure they obtain complete responses from candidates to determine fit for a position. In addition, participants will ensure they comply with all legal regulations and best practices. In the course, participants will engage in hands-on practice in conducting effective behavioural based interviews.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Utilize the Recruiting and Onboarding Process to hire the most qualified candidates.
- Consider the importance of the correct person spec and job spec
- Create behavioural-based questions to cover job-specific technical / functional areas .
- Conduct behavioural-based interviews to select the best candidates.
- Effectively listen for and identify complete behavioural-based responses during the interview.
- When faced with incomplete responses, effectively probe to obtain additional information in order to determine appropriate fit for the position.
- Use procedural, cultural, and legal guidelines to interview, take notes, and assess candidates. Evaluate the interview candidate using the rating scale.
Course is a day and a half with the second half day consisting of conducting interviews and reviewing their effectiveness.